News and Reports
Grabbing Land: Destructive Development in the Ta’ang Region
A new report released by Ta’ang Students and Youth Organization (TSYO) estimates that 63% of farming families have lost their land to confiscation by the Burmese military and their cronies. Despite much-publicized political “reforms” in the country, the authorities have refused to stop land confiscation, causing more threats to families’ livelihoods and food security.
The report exposes shocking realities and impacts of land confiscation in the Ta’ang area of Northern Shan State and shows how contradictory Burmese land laws are manipulated to enable the military-led Government to oppress and abuse its people and grab their land at will. The Burmese Government also fails to adhere to the international legal framework of Housing Land and Property Rights in Burma.
- Burma’s Forgotten Political Prisoners
- Human Rights Violations by the Burma Army in Palaung areas (March and April 2013)
- Human rights violations perpetrated against the Chin
- Burma’s Treatment of the Rohingya and International Law
- The European Union Must Not Abandon Human Rights Benchmarks
- Examples of Anti-Muslim Propaganda
- Friends Burma’s Rohingya Could Do Without
- An international task force is needed to help tackle growing religious violence in Burma
- Losing Ground
- State Terror in the Kachin Hills
We desperately need your help.
Burma Campaign UK is making a difference, but without support from members of the public our work would end.