News and Reports
Jag Dojkovski Starts 2,000km Sponsored Bike Ride For Political Prisoners
Jag Dojkovski, Fundraising Assistant at Burma Campaign UK, cycled out of Trafalgar Sq in central London today, beginning a 2,000km bike ride to raise awareness about political prisoners, and raise money for Burma Campaign UK.
“I am cycling one kilometre for each political prisoner in Burma,” said Jag Dojkovski. “I hope the bike ride will help raise awareness about political prisoners in Burma, and help raise money for Burma Campaign UK to campaign for their release.”
Jag is cycling through the UK, France, Belgium, Holland (Netherlands) and Germany, finishing in the Czech Republic. She will be going through major European cities including London through Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, Hannover, Berlin and Prague.
Jag will be blogging as she travels across Europe. The blog address is: http://burmacampaignuk.blogspot.com/
Around 2,000 political prisoners remain in jail in Burma. Many have been brutally tortured, are kept in horrific conditions, and denied proper medical care when they are ill. The dictatorship denies they even exist. In the coming months, Burma Campaign UK will be stepping up its campaign for the release of all political prisoners.
“Please show support for my bike ride and for the immediate and unconditional release of all prisoners of conscience by sponsoring me at: http://www.bmycharity.com/burmacycle2000kms2011 ,” said Jag Dojkovski.
- Credible review mechanism needed for remaining political prisoners
- Make Burma end forced labour before dropping sanctions
- Karen People Worldwide Call for Genuine Peace and a Federal Union of Burma
- UN General Assembly Fails To Act On Crimes Against Humanity In Burma
- Jag Completes Bike Ride For Burma’s Political Prisoners
- Burma Political Prisoner Releases Not Enough To Justify Lifting of Sanctions
- UK Government – No Review or Dilution of Burma Sanctions Yet
- Dam-induced floods spur calls to suspend new Chinese dams in Burma’s Karenni State
- Jag Dojkovski Starts 2,000km Sponsored Bike Ride For Political Prisoners
- Events In Burma – New Or Recycled? – New Briefing From Burma Campaign UK
We desperately need your help.
Burma Campaign UK is making a difference, but without support from members of the public our work would end.