This page contains reports from the Burma Campaign UK and other groups about the situation in Burma.
Grabbing Land: Destructive Development in the Ta’ang Region
A new report released by Ta’ang Students and Youth Organization (TSYO) estimates that 63% of farming families have lost their land to confiscation by the Burmese military and their cronies. Despite much-publicized political “reforms” in the country, the authorities have refused to stop land confiscation, causing more threats to families’ livelihoods and food security.
The report exposes shocking realities and impacts of land confiscation in the Ta’ang area of Northern Shan State and shows how contradictory Burmese land laws are manipulated to enable the military-led Government to oppress and abuse its people and grab their land at will. The Burmese Government also fails to adhere to the international legal framework of Housing Land and Property Rights in Burma.
- Parliamentarians call on ASEAN to back OIC Human Rights Council resolution on anti-Muslim violence
- Burma’s Forgotten Political Prisoners - New Briefing Paper
- Rushanara Ali MP reports back on her visit to Burma with Refugees International
- Thein Sein Again Uses Political Prisoners As PR Tools
- Action Needed On Humanitarian Aid Restrictions In Burma